Recent comments

LATEST News

Buhari’s health: No cause for alarm – FG

The Federal Government has, for the umpteenth time, assured Nigerians that there is no cause for alarm over President Muhammadu Buhari’s health.


Government insisted, yesterday, that Buhari is in competent hands in London, the United Kingdom, where he is undergoing treatment.
Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, said this on Wednesday, when he briefed State House Correspondents, after the Federal Executive Council meeting chaired by Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo.

The minister said this in response to a question on the president’s health status.

“Once again, I want to make myself very very clear, on the issue of Mr. President; he is in very competent hands and there is no cause for alarm,” the minister said.

President Buhari left Nigeria for the United Kingdom on May 7, 2017, for follow-up consultation with his doctors.
He had earlier gone to London on January 19, 2017, on medical vacation and returned to Nigeria after 49 days.

On his return, the president disclosed he had never been that sick to the point where he needed blood transfusion.
Buhari also said he would go back for further medical treatment, which he did  24 days ago.

This time around, the president said he would not entertain visitors while he recuperates.

His wife, Aisha, stayed behind and was busy with her pet project, Future Assured, in the North East, with the focus on empowering women, the girl-child education and providing care for internally displaced persons in the region.

Aisha, however, joined him in London, on Tuesday, May 30.
Regardless, speaking on the status of the N7.4 trillion 2017 budget, Mohammed said all ministers are working with the Minister of Budget and National Planning, Senator Udoma Udo Udoma, to reconcile details.

On May 11, 2017, the National Assembly  approved the 2017 budget and raised it from an initial N7.28 trillion to N7.44 trillion.
Osinbajo received an official copy of the 2017 Appropriation Bill on May 19, 2017.

The budget, which was finally submitted to the Presidency, 12 days after it was approved by the National Assembly, was delivered by Buhari’s Special Adviser on National Assembly Matters (Senate), Senator Ita Enang.

Sources for the funding of the 2017 will, according to the budget, come from oil revenue, from which N1.985 trillion is expected while non-oil revenue will bring in N1.73 trillion, as well as other federal government’s independent revenue generating agencies.
Although there were reports, yesterday evening, that Osinabjo may sign the new budget today, Senator Enang refuted the report.
“Further to several enquiries regarding action on the 2017 Appropriation Bill by the Executive, please, be informed that assent to same is not yet scheduled as consultations and engagements are on going,” Enang said in a statement.



Source:sun